Sydney’s Premium data installation is the biggest data centre in Australia.
Global Switch required a large high reliability emergency generating plant which could provide power if a mains power failure occurred. The equipment had to be capable of synchronising with the grid to ensure immediate changeover between the grid and the plant if necessary.
Global Switch utilised the broader skill set of TSF from design through to component procurement – and finally installation. The end solution involved the following components:
- 16 2.6MVa Pillar rotary UPS units
- Transformers and uni blocks
- Silencers and Radiators mounted on the roof
- Circulating water pumps and pipe work
- Diesel exhausts silencers and discharge pipe work.